Heavy Equipment Accidents In South Carolina
Its commonplace for workers and heavy equipment to be in close proximity to one another within the construction industry, this leaves very little room for mistakes. Heavy machinery accidents are the cause of many serious injuries and deaths at South Carolina construction sites each year.
At The Bill Connor Law Firm in Orangeburg South Carolina, our lawyers represent construction workers who have been injured in accidents involving equipment such as excavators, trucks, cranes, backhoes, forklifts, compactors and conveyor systems. If you have been injured on a construction site in Orangeburg County and surrounding areas, call (803) 973-5571 for a free consultation.
The Bill Connor Law Firm represents
anyone who has been injured while working on construction projects in South Carolina.
Understanding Your Legal Options
Workers’ compensation can provide basic medical coverage and loss-wage benefits to workers who have been injured on the job. However, your claim may go beyond worker's compensation with damage awards to protect you and your family from financial hardship resulting from a serious injury.
In South Carolina, you may have the right to seek additional compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the person or persons responsible for your injury. Here are a few examples of safety violations that could make other individuals or manufacturers or agencies charged with the upkeep of equipment responsible for your accident:
- Operating equipment with defective headlights, taillights, brakes, and horn.
- Operating equipment without a windshield
- Failure to properly train operators on equipment
- Failure to perform a safety inspection of equipment before each shift
- Operating a vehicle in reverse without an audible alarm
- Operating equipment without roll-over protection
- Operating equipment where safety overrides have been made in order to carry a heavier load
- Operating equipment that has had safety features removed
Contact The Bill Connor Law Firm at: (803) 973-5571
If you have been involved in an accident involving heavy machinery in South Carolina.